Sunday, October 28, 2012

3rd grade concerns

So, I babysit for a family that has a child with a severe disability that can impair his judgment and anger control. One school night I was babysitting and this child had anger control problems and the night ended with me holding the child and tying to sooth the child while the child kicked and hit at me for about an hour. Needless to say I was exhausted (but not hurt) that night and the next morning at school. Knowing that my very observant students would notice that something was wrong I told them an brief version of what happened and the were very concerned about why the child was not able to control anger. (They were also concerned about me but as soon as I told them I wasn't hurt they were more concerned about how a kid could have a problem that severe with anger control)

 ... so that is the preface to the adorable concern I got this weekOn Friday we were sitting, waiting for everyone to get to the right page in their workbooks and a student looks at me and says

A- Miss E did you babysit last night?
Me- No, Why?
A- You just seem tired today.
Me- Well I don't feel tired.
N- (blurts out) I don't think you seem tired, just chill

... it helps that N is the same student that thinks the spinning things makes you feel drunk

No comments:

Post a Comment